2.History Board of Advisors
3.Participate in Informal Intellectual Discussions
4.Faculty Lectures and Videos
6.UCLA History Book
7.Connect with Other Alumni
8.UCLA Email Account
9.Stay In Touch!
Welcome to the History Alumni webpage! Please follow the links below to find out how you can assist the History Department in various areas and be able to take advantage of offers for a unique opportunity to participate in intellectual discussions in an informal atmosphere. Let us keep in touch with you.
Read about the accomplishments of our department and other interesting news in our latest newsletter: Bruins@History
History Board of Advisors
Meet the History Board of Advisors.
Participate in Informal Intellectual Discussions
Attend a series of lectures and presentations on Why History Matters.
Faculty Lectures and Videos
- Professor Teo Ruiz - "The Terror of History: The Witch Hunt in Early Modern Europe", a lecture held on December 1, 2008
- History T.V.
- Mark Canton is a Senior Studio Executive and Producer. Mr. Canton is a 1971 UCLA graduate and was the 2011 History Department Commencement Speaker.
- Paul Turovsky, History '75 MA and '81 PhD, is the Founding Principal, True North Management Group. Mr. Turovsky was the 2010 History Department Commencement Speaker.
- Alan Buckelew is the Chief Executive Officer of Princess Cruises. Mr. Buckelew was the 2009 History Department Commencement Speaker.
- Ben Nickoll, History '86, is the Chief Investment Officer and Co-Founder of Ore Hill Partners. Mr. Nickoll was the 2008 History Department Commencement Speaker.
Alumni Awards and Achievements
- Congratulations to Lauren Janes (Ph.D, 2011) for receiving an honorable mention for the inaugural Lawrence R. Schehr Memorial Award competition for best conference paper by a junior colleague in the field of contemporary French civilization and cultural studies (“Selling Rice to Wheat Eaters: Promoting Pain de riz in Interwar Paris”).
UCLA Alumni Day 2012
UCLA Alumni Day 2012 took place on campus on Saturday May 5, 2012. It was a great success! Over 1,800 UCLA alumni, their families and friends enjoyed a day of fun, tours, good food, lectures and more. We want to thank all our alumni who came and we look forward to seeing you at the next UCLA Alumni Day in May 2013.
You can view UCLA Alumni Day 2012 past schedule at: http://www.alumniday.ucla.edu/2012/.
Send us your news.
UCLA History Book
Just in time to celebrate UCLA 100th anniversary, the UCLA History book is out now, and it is earning rave reviews across the US. The “southern branch” that was once described as “ the normal school that thought it could be a university,” has grown exponentially to become one of the premier institutions of higher learning in the world. As UCLA alumni we are proud of its successes and to be part of its legacy!This just-released book chronicles our school’s journey to become a full-fledged university, unveils little-known stories like UCLA’s secret role in the atomic Manhattan Project and dabbles in lighter histories, too, including a retrospective on mascots through the years. The 360-page volume was culled from 400 binders of research and includes more than 900 stunning photographs, historic and modern. You can read more about UCLA’s history and this book at: http://www.firstcenturybook.com/.
Connect with Other Alumni
Follow us and connect with other alumni on UCLA BruinWorks, Facebook, and Twitter.
BruinWorks is the online networking site exclusively for UCLA alumni. It allows alumni to connect professionally and personally to a network of nearly 400,000 UCLA alumni. BruinWorks is a UCLA graduate's most valuable resource.
BruinWorks enables you to:
- Network with other UCLA alumni from our department
- Search for jobs, résumés and other alumni
- Post a job or your own résumé
- Access a comprehensive UCLA alumni directory
- Explore a global calendar of UCLA events
- Join interest and geographic alumni groups, including the History Alumni group
UCLA Email Account
As UCLA alumni, you are eligible to have an @ucla.edu e-mail address forward indefinitely to another e-mail account of your choosing. Switch your e-mail accounts as many times as you wantwithout having to send a change of address to your contacts. Read more about free UCLA Lifetime Email Forwarding.
Stay In Touch!
Update your UCLA name, mailing and email address, or other contact information in just one step.: Alumni Information Update